Wednesday, August 5, 2009

This is my fortieth post. I mean, that's pretty good, right?







I finally found some quality images of Joseph Cornell's assemblages with parrots. These resonate so much with me, I'm always so amazed that they exist. I'm working on some kind of art thing; I think it's going to end up being a zine. I know that's tired, but I'm going to do it my own way, at my own pace. This means it will never be finished.

Anyway, I'm working on a few poems that may eat each other and some collages. Also something to do with Rimbaud in Africa and queers as participants in imperialism. There's something interesting about the way homosexuality was being constructed and its definition constricted as Europe attempted to annex the entire world. I need to reread Zami/Audre Lorde, my plan is to write my own biomythography. We'll see. I am hoping that it will write itself once the momentum picks up, but pshh.

The thing happened again where I went vegan and within two weeks I was eating both dairy and meat.

I am going to Dollywood, and then on to Mexico. It's finally summer.

No comments: